COVID-19 CANCELLATIONS – From the President

“The Covid 19 continues to be a matter of concern for all of us across the world. In the UK and Ireland we continue under lockdown, but what is becoming more obvious is that when the lockdown ends in its present form life will be different for a considerable time. Travel and large gatherings which pose potential health hazards are likely to be restricted. Many people will have little or no spare cash to pursue their leisure activities.

With these thoughts in mind we have had a further meeting of the Finance and General Committee augmented by a number of other key members including David Cooke of Skerries Sailing Club and Vanessa Devereux. We have arrived at a number of key decisions:

The World Championship planned for the last week of July 2020 will be postponed to the last week of July 2021. Deposits and entry fees will be rolled over to the new date but in cases of need a refund will be available. For those who may already have made ferry bookings our treasurer, Paul Bowmer, has obtained the information below.

The 70th anniversary event planned for Aberdovey in mid June and the British Nationals planned for the month of June are not viable. We hope that it may be possible to have one major event in the Autumn which will combine as many features of our season as possible. More information will follow as the travel and social measures likely to be in force at that time become clearer.

We are hoping that sailing at some level may become possible as the summer continues. Local events may be able to proceed depending on restrictions in place at the time of the event.

Stay safe and let’s hope we get to meet and race at some stage this season.

Curly Morris